Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Schools Kill Creativity...what? no way!








This speech does remind me of the curriculum theorizing; Critical-Exploratory. (Exploratory Curriculum) It's based upon the idea that diversity in individuals should be celebrated. Isn't that what Ken Robinson was talking about? I think in terms of what he feels as the past or present not being up to par with the curriculum's integration of creativity is best applied if all teachers are willing participants in the future. I will have to say that I feel that I am fairly creative in the classroom. Could I implement more creativity within my classroom environment. Sure I can, but we then must go back to previous articles which spurred many conversations about the classroom isn't always going to be fun and entertaining (Engage me or Enrage me).
Creativity in my own classroom is used through scial context, personal experience, and different perspectives. It has everything to do with the individual student and while they are applying something from their own lives, they are accidentally learning the concept or the state standard that was the original objective.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job tying in the last reading with this video. Is that a catch-22 or what? Plus, I like the cartoon you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would enjoy your classroom. I like your ideas of encouraging creativity in your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cartoon by the way! I agree that Robinson's speech did seem very related to Exploratory Curriculum. In a private school setting, it seems like his ideas would be much more accessable. Is there a way to embrace individual creativity while still meeting state standards? Because whether we like it or not, standardized tests are here to stay for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cartoon-humor is consistent with Robinson's lecture. Maybe it is because we have had some time away from the classroom, but I do feel as if this lecture inspired me to take some time and reflect upon how I myself can implement more creative instruction.

    ReplyDelete