Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Project to Information and Communication Website and Mind Map

Reflection:
When I started working on this project I felt overwhelmed and not so confident on completing this task. I started a Google search for examples on teacher websites and realized what a great tool this could be within the classroom. I found teachers that had a blog on their site for students to reflect on readings, like what we were taught that we could do in the beginning of this class. Somewhere between learning about it and actually seeing it work with other educators, I started to feel a little less apprehensive and more excited about this assignment.
Using Inspiration for a brainstorming activity really help generate ideas that I wanted within my website. Later, I realized that implementing every single one of my ideas is just not possible with a project like this. However, editing it before the next school year starts will be an opportunity for me to add the items that I would have liked to add.
The actual framework of the website was very confusing and I forgot a lot of what we learned the first time in class about linking and things of that nature. Once I wrote it down (duh, visual and kinesthetic learner) I was able to manipulate the tools within the website no problem. Actually it was quite gratifying to see what I had accomplished (designing links, adding pictures, web pages, and attachments). It was a similar feeling to when I used to paint and would have this beautiful finished product to show off.
I do plan on using what I have learned to make an even more innovative interactive website for my future classroom. I also plan on creating a website for my husbands' auto body shop. I think there are a ton of possibilities that we could utilize here.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on your website--I can tell you spent a lot time organizing content and information that helps keep both you and students organized.

    ReplyDelete