Thursday, May 20, 2010

Reflection 1 Digital Natives/Imigrants Inquiry Review

Curriculum vs. the child. The Community of inquiry graphic organizer reminded me of his thoughts on curriculum. Pedegogically we tend to say we are teaching to the child, but we usually end up teaching in accordance to time constraints and standards that are formed from people who aren't normally in a classroom setting on day to day basis.
The differences between the natives and the imigrants is indicitive of the public school student vs. the home schooled student. The home schooled has now come to the public school and does not realize there are rules such as: stand in line, raise your hand to talk, and ask to use the restroom. I am alot like the home schooled child who is learning these new ways, although I already know how to raise my hand and speak in turn :) but I do need to learn new uses of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment